Spring into Cleaning
It is spring again, and among other things this means that it is the season of regrowth and renewal. As you are focusing on improving your health and losing weight with Lap Band surgery in North Miami, open your mind to the improvements you can make around your home as well. Spring cleaning is a great opportunity to purge the old and make space for the new you. Here are a few tips to help you refresh your living space this spring!
When you are getting started with your spring cleaning list, tackling the whole job all at once may seem overwhelming. Instead, break it down into one room or one job at a time and you can conquer the entire house in no time.
- Grime can accumulate on kitchen and bathroom walls especially, so they could use a light scrubbing. At a minimum, every wall in the house should be gone over with the brush attachment of the vacuum sweeper. This will remove any dust or webs that those industrious spiders may have produced.
- While chances are you clean your bathroom often so that grime doesn’t accumulate, a yearly spruce up can work wonders. Vacuum everything and then wipe down walls with a mild cleaner. Wash the rugs, the shower curtain and any window treatments, and then tackle the fixtures. Take this time in your bathroom to throw away expired medications, old make-up and other items that accumulate needlessly in this space.
- Tubs, sinks and toilet could be coated with a strong cleaner and left to “marinate” for a few minutes while you break for a cup of tea. Then, give these water basins a strong scrub to remove any water build-up or soap residue.
- Go through closets and cupboards and throw away any spoiled items. Collect gently-used things that are no longer used for thrift stores or charities. Wash all winter clothes and bedding before putting it away. Wool and silk will need professional dry cleaning. Then package off-season items for storage.
- Take down curtains, drapes or blinds one room at a time. Wash or dry clean as needed. With a partner, get those windows clean and sparkling.
- In the kitchen, take everything out of one cupboard at a time, and then give them all a strong scrub. When you put everything back in, organize it. Remove all items from refrigerator and place your food in a cooler as you clean the fridge with baking soda and water. Don’t forget to clean under the door seals. Scrub the tops of appliances and cabinets with dish detergent and hot water.
- Vacuum the coils of the refrigerator. If possible, move appliances and scrub the area where they are usually sitting. Remember to clean the oven and stove thoroughly. If the microwave is especially dirty, put a cup or so of water in a bowl and bring it to a boil. Let it sit for a few minutes to allow the steam to loosen the grime.
Just like accomplishing your weight loss goal, breaking down your hopes of spring cleaning into smaller tasks can make the larger project much more manageable. And when you are all done, head outside to enjoy the beautiful sunshine!